Fruit & Vegetable Carving: Serving Vessels Book, Odeon
Fruit & Vegetable Carving: Serving Vessels (Ngam wichit phachana salaksalao in Thai) is written in the Thai language only (no English text) and is recommended for advanced fruit carvers only or those seeking inspiration and new carving ideas. This book is elaborately photographed with step-by-step images, making it possible to follow along without text for professional level carvers.
The book concentrates on illustrating the highly-detailed traditional style of Thai fruit and vegetable carving and it's this classical style for which Thailand is famous. The main focus is on creating intricate carved serving trays, platters, bowls and baskets for the artful presentation of foods suitable for banquets, weddings, corporate events and dinner parties. Carvers who are native Thai speakers or experienced expert carvers will find this book invaluable for raising their carving skill to another level.
- two rose covered watermelon bowls
- two honeydew floral patterned melon bowls and covered bowl
- several different types of pumpkin (kabocha squash) platters
- a pumpkin bowl topped with twin birds
- a ripe papaya serving bowl
- a fish-shaped papaya vessel
- raised pumpkin pedestal
- a conch shell shaped papaya vessel
- a dragon shaped pumpkin bowl
- a simple cantelope melon serving bowl and platter
- a pumpkin "bird bath" platter
- a goldfish shaped papaya bowl
Availability: Ships in 2-3 business days from Los Angeles, California.
Category: Fruit Carving Books