Fruit & Vegetable Carving Instructions
Basic Vegetable Carving - Carrot Rose
From A Variety of Flowers, a new book on fruit and vegetable carving, we present six steps to a simple but lovely carrot rose.
- Shave to make the carrot smooth and cut a cone shape being 1 cm deep. Divide into 5 sections.
- Cut out the first petal with the knife tip, make deep cuts to remove the flesh under the petal. Cut out the second petal overlapping with the first one.
- Cut out the remaining petals all around. Then make deep cuts to remove the flesh under the petals.
- Cut out the flower with the knife tip.
- Neaten the flesh under the petals.
- Finished flower!
Source A Variety of Flowers, Vegetable & Fruit Carving Copyright © 2005 Srisiam Printing Press Co, Ltd.
This carving book focuses mainly on arrangements of fruit and vegetable carvings into 'floral'-type' arrangements for use as centerpieces, but also includes basic carvings.
Shop for this book and more fruit carving items at Temple of Thai.