Pork Satay Recipe (Moo Satay)
Satay is a favorite street food in Thailand. It's simple to make - marinate meat or tempeh, skewer, and grill. Serve with ready-made peanut sauce or make your own from scratch for a more sophisticated taste. Garnish with Thai cucumber salad and raw cabbage. Read more about satay in our Thai cooking tips section.
Preparing the Satay:
- Marinate pork or chicken for 30 minutes with all the satay ingredients.
- To prepare the peanut sauce, heat coconut cream over medium heat and add curry paste mix well and add the remaining ingredients. Stir until thick and sauce-like.
- Skewer the marinated pork or chicken onto the bamboo sticks. Grill over hot coals until cooked.
- Serve with dipping sauce and cucumber salad.
Recipe Copyright © Temple of Thai 2010. Image © iStockphoto.com/Rasmus Rasmussen
We also offer complete kit (pictured left) for preparing satay with our Super Satay Set. The set contains a recipe card and 15 grocery items many of which are non-perishable and can be stored and used to make other Thai and Asian recipes as well as delicious satay!
- Visit our Thai food grocery for ready-made Satay Marinades and Sauces.
- See our blog post entitled 'Sizzling Satay: Thai Grilled Snacks'