Fresh Vegetarian Thai Spring Roll Recipe (Po Pia Sot)
Fresh spring rolls are a popular and healthy street food in Thailand. They also make a great appetizer for a party or buffet and are quick and simple to make. Here is Pum's recipe for this delicious vegetarian friendly dish.
Spring Roll Ingredients
- 1 pkg spring roll wrappers*
- Savoy cabbage (finely sliced), 1 handful
- Carrots (cut as matchsticks), 1/2 handful
- Cucumber (cut as matchsticks), 1/2 handful
- Tomato (cut in segments), 1/2 tomato
- 2 shallots (sliced)
- Big red chilli (cut as matchsticks), 1/2 handful
- 2 kaffir lime leaves (finely sliced)
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass (finely sliced)
- 1 teaspoon garlic (chopped)
- 4 tablespoons Pum Sauce (mix 1 tablespoon of Thai soy sauce with 1 tablespoon of vegetarian mushroom oyster sauce)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Mix all the ingredients well adding the lime juice last; divide the mix into five portions and then place on the rice paper and roll! Serve with ready made Peanut Sauce if desired (or see Kasma's peanut sauce recipe here).
Use may use fresh spring roll wrappers if available, otherwise use dried spring roll wrappers. Simply dip each wrapper individually in a plate of shallow room temperature water. Allow to soften (less than a minute) and then gently remove. Roll up with the filling above.
Pum's Wok The World, Asia
This recipe is from the very cute Pum's Wok The World, Asia cookbook, by Yardfon Pum Borranapim available for sale in our online Thai cookbook department.
- See another Thai Vegetarian Spring Roll Recipe
- See a recipe for a more traditional or typical type of Thai Spring Roll (po piat tawt)
- Also see our Egg Roll and Egg Roll Sauce recipe.
Recipe Copyright © 2008 Yardfon Pum Borranapim Image © Image © 2010 Tupporn Sirichoo/iStockphoto.com