Young Coconut Meat, Aroy-D, 15 oz
Young coconut meat is the inside flesh of an immature green coconut. It is used for desserts in Thailand and through out South East Asia (see recipe for Indonesian Coconut Tart below). Sweet, soft and smooth this snowy white colored meat is a tropical delight.Try making a smoothie with young coconut meat or serve as a topping for ice cream. See our recipe for Fried Rice with Pork and Young Coconut Meat and Indonesian Young Coconut Tart.
- 2 oz young coconut meat
- 1 oz pork, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup cooked jasmine rice
- 2 tblsp sriracha
- 2 tblsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tblsp chopped onion
- 2 tblsp oil
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium high heat. Fry garlic and onion for 30 seconds. Add pork and cook through until no longer pink.
- Add the cooked rice and then all the other ingredients. Stir fry for 1-2 minutes longer. Turn out onto a plate and serve. Servings: 1
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1/3 cup flour (all purpose)
- 14 oz coconut juice
- 4 tblsp butter
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1 1/2 cup young coconut meat
- 1/4 cup raisins, optional
- Using high speed mixer, beat together eggs and sugar until mixture thickens.
- Slowly add condensed milk. Mix well with a spoon.
- Add butter and flour. Beat again to mix.
- Add young coconut juice, coconut meat and nuts.
- Grease a 9x13 inch casserole pan and pour in batter.
- Bake 350 degree 40-45 minutes.
- When the tart done, place the raisins on the top of the tart and bake 5-10 minutes more.
- For best taste, keep the tart in the refrigerator and serve cold.
Ingredients: Young coconut meat, sugar, water and potassium metabisulphite. Product of Thailand.
Availability: Ships in 2-3 business days from Los Angeles, California.