Tamarind Soup Base Mix, Mei Wei, 1.4 oz
Tamarind Soup Base Mix from Knorr, is a concentrated tamarind mix powder which instantly and conveniently adds the sour flavor of tamarind to your cooking. See a recipe below for Salmon in Tamarind Sauce.
Salmon in Tamarind Sauce
- 2 lb of salmon fillets
- 1 packet of Tamarind Soup Base Mix, Knorr
- 5 ripe plum tomatoes, 1/4" slices
- 4 sweet white onions (medium size), 1/4" slices
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste,
- Fresh cilantro to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lay the salmon fillets in a rectangular glass baking dish.
- Pour approximately half of the olive oil over the fish and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of the Tamarind Soup Base Mix onto the fish. Add salt and pepper.
- Cover the fish with alternating rows of slices of tomatoes and onions, overlapping each other.
- Sprinkle with another 1/3 of the Tamarind Soup Base Mix and pour the remaining olive oil evenly over.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then increase the temperature to 400 degrees. Bake until the tomatoes start to wrinkle and the onions starts to slightly turn brown, approximately another 5-10 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro if desired and serve.
Ingredients: Salt, tamarind, soy sauce powder, yeast extract powder, partially hydrogenated vegetable oil, shrimp powder, citric acid, msg, spices, tomato powder, sodium inosinate, sodium guanylate, onion powder and maltodextrin.
Availability: Ships in 2-3 business days from Los Angeles, California.
Category: Convenience Food