Mama Noodle Pork (5 pkg), MAMA, 10.50 oz
Noodles are ubiquitous to Thai fast food and integral to the Thai noodle scene is the Mama brand of instant noodles. In fact the word 'Mama' has become the colloquial phrase for instant noodles in Thailand (the official Thai term for instant noodles being the cumbersome bah-mee guhng sum-ret roop). Mama brand is so popular in Thailand that the brand name is often used on menus in Thailand, for dishes such as Yam Mama (Instant Noodle Salad) or Paht Mama (Fried Mama Noodles). Many a student across the world has kept within his food budget by dining frequently on Mama noodles. Mama even has its own Facebook fan page!
According to Wikipedia, "unlike Japanese or Malaysian instant noodles, Thai noodles are seasoned with...stock before frying, giving them extra flavor" - which means that they can also be eaten out of hand as a snack.
Pork Mama Noodles is one of the most popular flavors of the many types of Mama brand Oriental-Style Instant Noodles. It can be prepared as a soup or as an ingredient in other recipes.
To prepare, simply pour 1 cup of hot boiling water over the dry noodles and condiments. Cover the bowl and let stand for 3 minutes before serving. Add your own meat, egg or vegetables as desired for a more complete and satisfying meal or snack.
Mama Noodles are made by the Thai President Foods PLC company, which was established in 1972 and is the largest producer of instant noodles and ramen in Thailand.
Paht Mama (Ramen Noodle Stir Fry)
- 3 pkg MAMA Pork Instant Noodles
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 2 Tblsp vegetable oil (canola, soybean or corn oil)
- Bring a medium-sized pot of water to boil with enough water to cover the noodles. Break each noodle brick in half and put into the boiling water with 1 packet of the included oil (reserve the other packets of spices and oil for later). Bring noodles to a rapid boil over high heat for less then 1 minute (slightly undercooked). Towards the end of cooking add the carrots and cook until the noodles are done (about 30 seconds). Drain the noodles and carrot (do not rinse).
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable oil to a wok or skillet over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and cook until the garlic is lightly browned and onion is soft.
- Add the beaten eggs to the skillet. Season the eggs with half a packet of one of the seasoning packets. Scramble the eggs until partially cooked.
- Add drained noodles. Add 2 more of the seasoning packets (you may omit the chili powder if desired). Stir until well mixed and the eggs are cooked. Serves 2-3
Ingredients: Wheat flour, palm oil, salt, sugar and CMC. Soup base ingredients: Chili powder, pepper powder, dehydrated leek, salt, sugar, garlic powder, msg, palm oil and artificial pork flavor. Product of Thailand. Total weight 10.50 oz (2.1 oz x 5 pkg)
Availability: Ships in 2-3 business days from Los Angeles, California.