Thai Mango Salad Recipe (Yam Mamuang)
Thai Mango Salad is tart, tangy, salty and spicy. Its especially refreshing served with crispy deep fried fish as it cuts the oil and elevates the taste.
- 1 cup shredded green unripe mango
- 1 ounce deep-fried dried anchovy fish
- 1 ounce peanuts, dry roasted
- 1 Tablespoon dried shrimp
- 1 Tablespoon ground dried chili peppers
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 Tablespoons fish sauce
- Simple syrup: combine 2 Tablespoons white sugar plus 2 Tablespoons water, heat to dissolve
- 1 small ripe tomato (optional for garnish)
- Slice tomato into wedges and set aside for garnish. Peel the mango (we recommend the Kom Kom Double Edge Miracle Knife) and shred with a vegetable shredder or knife. Deep fry the dried anchovy fish in hot oil until crispy, drain on paper towel and set aside. Dry roast the peanuts in a wok until just browned slightly. Cool and remove the peanut skins.
- Mix shredded mango with all the other ingredients except the tomatoes in a bowl.
- Serve garnished with tomatoes.
Notes: Use firm unripe green mango with a sour taste for best results.
Recipe and Images Copyright © 2013 Temple of Thai