Thai Yellow Curry Paste, Mae Ploy, 14 oz
Yellow Curry Paste is made with fresh chili peppers, herbs and dried spices. Unlike most ready-made curry pastes, Mae Ploy Yellow Curry Paste does not contain shrimp paste, making it suitable for vegetarians. Yellow curry paste is very versatile. Try it in a variety of meats, seafood, noodles and soup recipes. This fragrant yellow curry paste is easy and quick to cook with.
To prepare an easy yellow curry dish. cook the paste with coconut milk and chicken or tofu for a delicious meal, served over steamed jasmine rice.
Once opened, close tightly and refrigerate up to one year.
See a recipe for Yellow Chicken Curry and Fried Sticky Rice & Stir-Fried Curried Chicken here below.
Fried Sticky Rice & Stir-Fried Curried Chicken
- 1 cup steamed sticky rice (glutinous rice)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cup wheat flour
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup vegetable oil
Stir-fried Curried Chicken
- 1 cup Mae Ploy Coconut Milk
- 3 tablespoons Maeploy Yellow Curry Paste
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 1/2 cups diced boned chicken
- 1/2 cup diced potato
- 2 teaspoons Palm Sugar
- Thinly sliced cucumber in rings
- Sliced shallot
- Sliced spur pepper in rings
- 1/4 cup distilled vinegar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons Sea Salt
- Mix warm steamed sticky rice with salt, pepper and separate into 8 parts (each about 2 tablespoons).
- Roll the sticky rice into balls and then cover with a wheat flour, then egg batter. Heat vegetable oil in wok and deep fry the balls until they turn light brown. Remove and let sit so oil can drain off.
- Pour 1/4 cup of Mae Ploy Coconut Milk into the hot oil and add the Maeploy Yellow Curry Paste cook till you smell a delicious aroma.
- Now add the diced potatoes and onions and stir fry until cooked. As the sauce dries, add more coconut milk and adjust the taste with sugar. Then, add the remaining coconut milk.
- To prepare the cucumber salad, put the sliced cucumber, chili and shallot in a bowl and add vinegar, sugar and salt. When dissolved, put it in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
- When ready to serve, put the fried sticky rice on a plate with the stir-fried curry chicken. Serve with the cucumber salad.
Recipe © 2008 Theppadungporn Coconut Co.,Ltd, Thailand
Ingredients: Garlic, shallots, lemongrass, salt, galangal (a variety of Thai ginger), kaffir lime peel, coriander seed, mace, cinnamon, tumeric and cumin. Product of Thailand.
Availability: Ships in 2-3 business days
Category: Curry Paste