Tom Yum Paste, Por Kwan, 8 oz
Tom Yum Paste from Por Kwan brand gives your Thai Tom Yum recipes a rich flavor, aroma and spicy hot Thai-style taste in an instant.
Tom Yum Paste can be used not only in Tom Yum recipes but also as a base flavor for other soups and dishes, like Tom Yum Fried Rice.
To make Tom Yum Soup, add two tablespoons of Por Kwan brand Tom Yum Paste to three cups of boiling water. Add shrimp, chicken or seafood for the Tom Yum Soup of your choice. Garnish with fresh kaffir lime leaf to complete this authentic Thai soup. See a Thai recipe below for Tom Yum Goong Soup (Thai Hot & Sour Shrimp Soup).
Also see Tom Kha Paste.
Tom Yum Goong Soup (Thai Hot & Sour Shrimp Soup)
- 1/2 kg shrimp (prawns), cleaned
- 3 cups seafood soup stock
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Chili Paste with Soy Bean Oil, Pantainorasingh
- 1 teaspoon Tamarind Paste
- 2 tablespoons Fish Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Por Kwan Instant Tom Yum Soup Paste
- 2 slices Galangal
- 2 stalks Lemongrass, sliced crosswise
- 3-4 pc Kaffir Lime Leaves, crushed
- 2-3 fresh Thai Chilies, crushed
- 1/2 can Straw Mushrooms, rinsed and halved
- Boil soup stock, add Tom Yum Paste, Chili Paste with Soya Bean Oil, sliced galangal, sliced lemongrass and kaffir lime leave
- Garnish with celery, spring onion, red chili and Thai sweet basil. Serve with steamed jasmine rice.
Serves 2-3. Recipe © 2008 Pantainorasingh.
See more Thai Chili Pastes:
Ingredients: Lemon grass, soy bean oil, onion, salt, chilli, water, galanga, lime juice, sugar, garlic, monosodium glutamate, kaffir lime leaves, shrimp extract flavor, citric acid, paprika natural color. Contains soy bean and shrimp. Produced in a facility that uses nut and sesame. No preservatives. Product of Thailand.
Availability: Ships in 2-3 business days from Los Angeles, California.
Category: Chili Pastes