Thai Green Curry Paste (2pkg), Lobo, 1.75 oz
Westerners generally love Green Curry at first taste even though Thais recommend the milder ones like Panang or Masaman. Green Curry Paste (nam prik gaeng keow wahn), made mainly from fresh green chilli and is perhaps the spiciest of all Thai curries.
Also see Nittaya brand fresh Green Curry Paste.
Note: There are 2 (1.75 oz) pkg per order.
Below are two recipes using Lobo Green Curry Paste: Green Curry with Chicken (video) and Green Curry with Crispy Noodles.
|Green Curry Noodles|
- 6oz (180g) rice vermicelli noodles
- 1/4lb (100g) chicken cut in dices
- 1/4lb (100g) peeled & deveined black tiger shrimp
- 1oz (25g) finely chopped shallot
- 1oz (25g) finely chopped garlic
- 1 package LOBO Green Curry Paste
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 2 tbsp tamarind concentrate
- 2 tbsp water
- 2oz (50g) firm pressed yellow tofu, diced
- 2oz (50g) fresh bean sprouts
- 2 oz (30g) garlic chives, cut into 1 inch-long
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Fresh chillis, cut into thin slices, thinly sliced sweet basil leaves and omelet strips
- Heat the oil in a wok till very hot, spread the noodles into small lots and deep fry until golden brown. Lift up with a strainer-skimmer to remove excess oil.
- Fry chicken and shrimps in the same wok with remaining oil till cooked. Put them on a plate.
- Add little amount of oil, stir fry the shallot and garlic till golden brown. Set aside to drain out the oil.
- Stir fry the LOBO Green Curry Paste with the oil briefly, until it smells good. Add water and sugar in, stir till sugar is fully melt. Flavor with tamarind concentrate, stir constantly with medium heat till thicken. Transfer to a bowl.
- Put the fried noodles in a mixing bowl, add the ingredient from step 4 while it's hot. Mingle gently with hands. Add ingredient from step 2 in.
- Transfer to a plate. Decorate with fresh bean sprouts, garlic chives. Sprinkle with ingredient from step 3. Add chilli, sweet basil leave and omelet to finish.
|More Lobo Products|
- Pepper & Garlic Seasoning Mix
- Tom Kah Paste
- Tom Yum Paste
- Satay Seasoning
- Chicken Seasoning
- Holy Basil Seasoning
- Oriental Fried Rice Seasoning
- Roast Duck Seasoning
- Coconut Agar Dessert Mix
- Laab-Namtok Seasoning
- Panang Curry Paste
- Green Curry Paste
- Yellow Curry Paste (Karee)
- Sour Vegetable Curry Paste
- Yellow Sour Curry Paste
- Country Style Red Curry Paste
- Chinese Five Spice Blend (Palao)
Ingredients: Chilli, soybean oil, garlic, shallot, lemongrass, shrimp paste, salt, galanga and kaffir lime peel. Product of Thailand.
Availability: Ships in 2-3 business days
Category: Curry Paste