Dried Roselle (Hibiscus), Product of Thailand, 1 lbs
Dried Roselle (hibiscus sabdariffa or กระเจี๊ยบ grajiab daeng in Thai) is the dried hibiscus flower and is used to make nam grajiab in Thailand (see recipe below). This sour tasting tea is served sweetened over ice. It is very refreshing on a hot day and its dark red color is appealing.
Roselle is appreciated for it mild diurectic qualities and it is said to rejuvinate the body and mind. It is also said to lower blood pressure and it is high in calcuim.
|Iced Roselle Tea|
- 1/2 cup dried roselle
- 5 cups warm water
- 1 cup sugar (rock sugar is preferable)
- Rinse dried roselle under running water and drain.
- Bring roselle and water to a rolling boil for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Add the sugar towards the end of the boiling time. Stir to dissolve. Remove from heat.
- Pour the boiled roselle juice through a filter. Discard the roselle. Allow the juice to cool. Refrigerate and serve over ice.
Ingredients: Dried roselle. Product of Thailand.
Availability: Ships in 2-3 business days from Los Angeles, California.