Thai Soy Sauce, Healthy Boy, 23.5 fl oz
There are two types of soy sauce commonly used in Thai cooking: light or thin soy sauce and dark, thick or black soy sauce. This is Healthy Boy's version of Thin Soy Sauce (also known as light or white soya sauce or ซีอิ๊วขาว, si-ew kao in Thai) and is thinner in consistency and saltier in taste than Thai dark soy sauce. You'll see it called for in recipes for stir fries, marinades, and dipping sauces. It is ideal as a vegetarian substitute for fish sauce. Also it is often used as a condiment with dishes like fried rice.
Thai soy sauces are more akin to Chinese soy sauces, then Japanese-type soy sauces. Thai-style soy sauce is stronger and less sweet in taste then Japanese soy. Light soys are often used in chicken and seafood dishes, as it does not darken the dish like dark soy, making it a good general purpose sauce.
Healthy Boy brand is produced by Yan Wal Yun Company, which was established in 1947 as a family business. Today it is one of the largest sauce companies in Thailand.
Refrigerate up to one year once opened for freshest taste.
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup salad oil
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp Thin Soy Sauce, Healthy Boy brand
- 2 lb chicken breasts or thighs,cooked and shredded
- Salad oil for frying
- 1 head of lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup green onions (scallions), sliced
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 pkg wonton wrappers
- Combine sugar, vinegar, the 1/4 cup oil, thin soy sauce, and brown sugar; mix well.
- Pour over chicken, marinate for at least 20 minutes or longer.
- Heat oil to 375 F. Place one won ton wrapper in basket ladle, fit another ladle on top wrapper to hold in place.
- Deep fry in hot oil until golden brown; drain. Repeat until all wrappers are made into mini baskets.
- Place baskets on a platter lined with lettuce.
- Fill each basket with lettuce, chicken, green onion and almonds. Serve immediately.
Ingredients: Soybean, wheat flour, salt, water, sugar and preservatives .01%. Contains less then 2 % of the US RDA of Calcium and Iron. Product of Thailand.
Availability: Ships in 2-3 business days from Los Angeles, California.