Maggi Seasoning Sauce, Maggi, 6.7 fl oz
Packaged in a distinctive short, square brown bottle with a yellow and red label, Maggi Seasoning Sauce (แม็กกี้ซอส) is an extremely versatile sauce with a unique flavor and aroma. Used in Thai cooking somewhat like Worcestershire sauce, this sauce is made with hydrolyzed pure vegetable protein and without any food preservatives. It adds zest and depth to soups, salads, and vegetables with just a few dashes and is an excellent sauce for marinating, stir-frying, and dipping. It is especially favored for use as a table condiment, particularly for fried eggs (ky dao)and steamed rice.
Maggi Seasoning is not like MSG because MSG is a pure chemical compound like salt or sugar, whereas Maggi Seasoning is a complex food product using plant proteins, from soy and/or wheat, to create a tasty, seasoning product. Like many foodstuffs, tomatoes and Parmesan cheese are good examples, Maggi Seasoning does naturally contain a small amount of MSG which comes from the protein. In this way Maggi Seasoning can have a flavor enhancing effect similar to MSG. However no MSG is added in the manufacturing of Maggi seasoning.
Store for one year out of direct sunlight, unrefrigerated.
Vegetarian Spring Rolls
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 8 ozs. flavored, baked tofu, shredded
- 1 cup sunflower greens or bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup shredded fresh Thai Basil Leaves
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into short thin strips
- 2 tablespoons Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 tablespoon MAGGI Seasoning Sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Sesame Oil
- 12 (8-inch) round dried Rice Paper Wrappers
- Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce
- Heat canola oil in large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook, stirring constantly, for about 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add tofu; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes. Turn off heat. Stir in sunflower greens or bean sprouts, basil, bell pepper, sweet chili sauce, seasoning sauce and sesame oil.
- Soak one sheet of rice paper wrapper in warm water for about 1 minute or until soft. Transfer wrapper to a dry cutting board.
- Arrange 2 tablespoons filling in an even horizontal mound just below the center of the wrapper. Tightly roll up the rice paper to form a tight cylinder, folding in the sides about halfway, as you would to form an egg roll or a blintz. Repeat procedure with remaining wrappers and filling. Cut each spring roll in half on the diagonal. Serve with Sweet Chili Dipping Sauce.
Ingredients: Water, salt, wheat gluten, wheat, sugar, wheat bran, acetic acid, caramel color, artificial flavor, disodium inosinate, disodium guanylate, dextrose monohydrate and yeast. Product of China.
Availability: Ships in 2-3 business days from Los Angeles, California.
Category: Sauces & Vinegar